More than three-quarters of Americans take coffee every day. Maybe you also love coffee and cherish espresso as well. Coffee gives you energy and caffeine needed to start your morning in a high mood. However, unless you have a great coffee maker in your house, you would have to spend a couple of dollars at your nearest coffee shop every day, which is not very enticing especially if you are an avid coffee lover.
The only option for most people, therefore, is usually to buy a great coffee machine that can also make espresso, latte as well as froth milk with a great taste. Unfortunately, most machines you find out there will come with either a defect or several flaws, but not the So VertuoLine coffee machine we are about to review below. It is professionally designed to allow easy cleaning and efficient functionality. It comes with an array of modern features as you will see below and has got very high ratings in Nespresso Vertuoline reviews.
Nespresso VertuoLine Features
Brimming with elegance, So Vertuoline is one great machine that offers both character and great functionality. It comes in a red, black or chrome color that makes it look very stylish especially because of its beautiful sharp edges, nice handle at the top and add-on features placed at the most convenient locations.
It measures 8.32 inches by 11.91 inches by 11.93 inches and weighs just 1.8 pounds, meaning that it is a machine you can easily keep anywhere in your kitchen and save a lot of space. In addition, Vertuoline comes with a 40-ounce water tank, which is big enough to make enough coffee for a family of three. Also, it’s a pod coffee maker and comes with a pod capacity of 14 pods and has a disposal bin as well.
Adjustable Cup Heights
With sublime coffee tastes, you can serve your guests with varying cup sizes as you wish to. The machine offers three cup heights, with the default size being 1.35 ounces preferably for espresso and 7.77 ounces mainly used when serving coffee. You can, however, adjust these settings up to 17 ounces of water on the upper end or come down to .3 ounces. On the other hand, controlling or adjusting the machine is as easy as using its one touch buttons.
It only takes about 15-20 seconds to preheat, and will prepare coffee or espresso in less than three minutes. And the better part is that it produces espresso with thick high quality cream, like most modern machines do. But that’s not all about VertuoLine’s speed.
It is made with a patented centrifusion technology, that instead of just passing hot water through pods, it rotates the pods round and round at a very high speed, before releasing a sublime, thick and sweet tasting cup of espresso or latte. Note also that the machine comes with a sample pack of pod capsules, to help you start off your long relationship with the machine on a good note.
Versatility and Ease of Use
When you get bored of espresso, you can always add its milk frothier to help you make lattes in the morning. Besides that, the machine takes a very simple design when it comes to usability. With only one button for controlling almost everything, there is definitely no need for a manual here. Its water tank is strategically placed, and you can easily remove and place it back with little struggle. On the other hand, you don’t have to choose a brew code with VertuoLine, as its barcode does everything for you.
The problem you might have is locking the lid, which will require some effort if the machine is still new. It is not so much of a bother, however, as it slides into place easily. And when you unlock it, the machine slides the already used pod into the disposal bin.
Many Nespresso VertuoLine reviews are harsh about the manufacturer’s strict limitations, which makes maintaining this machine a bit difficult to start with. For one you can’t add foreign grinds, you have to use Nespresso coffee capsules and you can’t even add a filter. Actually, initiating the cleaning cycle is not always difficult, but having to remember the exact cleaning instructions is what may confuse you when maintaining it.
Pros and Cons of Nespresso VertuoLine
- Has a great design. The machine’s unique and elegant looks are riveting, and its sharp and sleek edges are especially appealing to look at.
- Convenient for at home use. Though it lags behind when it comes to speed, it is very convenient and easy to use. The quality of its espresso and latte is also incredible, and never disappoints as long as it is well maintained.
- Easy to Use. With only a single button, you can brew coffee, you can make espresso, you can clean, descale and do virtually everything else you want to do with this machine.
- It is Versatile. You can make more than just coffee with this machine. With the addition of its milk frother, you can prepare latte; make espresso and coffee with only this machine.
- Has rather harsh limitations. The biggest drawback with VertuoLine coffee maker is its limitations; like you can’t add a filter to help make tea, you only use the brand’s coffee capsules, and its instructions for maintenance are also too strict.
- It is slightly slow. Compared to most of its competitors; this machine is rather slow when it comes to making espresso. It takes an average of two minutes to prepare a cup of espresso (compare top single serve coffee makers), compared to 42 seconds with some cheaper models.
It may be slower and higher priced than other espresso machines, buts its delightfully attractive layout, easy to use features and highly reliable nature, makes it a great deal for a family or any avid espresso lover out there. Finally, the Nespresso VertuoLine espresso machine beats most of its competitors when it comes to construction. It is sturdy, well designed and relatively well rated in many Nespresso VertuoLine reviews. Other great Nespresso coffee makers to consider are the Nespresso Inissia and Nespresso Citiz C111 models.