Espresso machines range from simple machines to complex ones just as coffee has different flavors. It is always important to get the right one since getting the best super automatic espresso machine is dependent on finding one that suits your needs. They can be steam driven or pump driven. The steam driven espresso machines are cheaper than the pump driven and are ideal for someone on a tight budget. These super automatic espresso machine reviews look at various machines and will help as a guide on getting the best. A super automatic espresso machine is a convenient way to make coffee since all the effort you need to make is to push a button. Since no manual effort is needed, there is consistency in every cup made. It is a practical and foolproof way to make coffee. The digital programming allows you to control all the aspects of how the coffee is made.
- Delonghi ESAM5500B
- Water tank: 57.48 ounces
- Bean grinder: yes
- Programming: adjust start time, auto off, clock, temperature, coffee strength
- Double boiler system
- Other: "Single Touch" hot milk system, "Direct-to-Brew" system
- DeLonghi ESAM3300
- Water tank: 60 ounces
- Bean grinder: yes (7 ounces)
- Programming: water amount, coffee amount, automatic shutoff, electronic steam, coffee thermostat
- Double boiler system
- Other: 1150 watts, Direct to Brew system, water-level indicator, an electronic steam and coffee thermostat, rinse and decalcification auto programs
- Jura-Capresso 13180
- Water tank: 96 ounces
- Bean grinder: yes
- Programming: water amount, coffee amount, temperature settings, adjustable fineness of the grind
- Double boiler system
- Other: frothXpress Plus system, Two step pre-infusion cycle, warming plate, cup storage, CLARIS Water Care System
- 1 Top 3 Super Automatic Espresso Machines Under 1000
- 2 DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica
- 3 DeLonghi ESAM5500B Perfecta
- 4 Jura-Capresso 13180 Impressa
- 5 Top 3 Budget Super Automatic Espresso Machines – Under 500
- 6 Cuisinart EM-600 Buona Tazza
- 7 Gaggia Unica Super Automatic Coffee Machine
- 8 Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- 9 Top 3 High End Super Automatic Espresso Machines
- 10 Jura 13637 Impressa Super Automatic Coffee Machine
- 11 DeLonghi Prima Donna Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- 12 Philips Saeco RI9737/21 Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- 13 Best Super Automatic Espresso Machines Comparison Chart
- 14 What Is a Super Automatic Espresso Machine?
- 15 Super automatic Espresso Machine Features
- 16 Benefits of Super Automatic Espresso Makers
- 17 Conclusion
Top 3 Super Automatic Espresso Machines Under 1000
This machine has a patented cappuccino system that helps create a steamy froth by mixing the milk and steam. The control panel has a push button as well as settings that can be easily programmed. The rotary is also easy to use.
The system is also a direct to brew system that is patented, compact and can be easily cleaned. This means that it grinds the coffee beans instantly in order to brew the coffee. The double boiler system makes coffee preparation faster as it facilitates preparation of both an espresso and a cappuccino without any waiting in between.
Being among the best value super automatic espresso machines, this model gives users professional quality. The grinder is a conical low pitch burr grinder ensuring that your coffee making process is not too noisy. You can also be able to adjust how finely your coffee should be ground. It can be used to prepare various drinks such as latte drinks, coffee, espresso, cappuccino among others.
The controls can be accessed using the front panel and can be used to control the level of water and coffee to suit the individual preferences of the user. The three hour automatic shut off acts as a safety control.
DeLonghi ESAM5500B Perfecta
This model features a patented single touch hot milk system. This system easily prepares drinks such as a latte and cappuccino. This is easily done by sliding the milk tank onto the machine right in front. The control panel is digitalized making programming easy.
The menu settings include adjusting start time, temperature, clock, coffee strength and auto off. It also features a direct to brew system that enables it to grind the coffee beans instantly. This brewing system is not only compact but can be removed easily making cleaning and maintenance easier.
Other than that it has a double boiler system that allows for preparation of cappuccino and espresso without any wait time in between. The conical low pitch burr grinder guarantees you coffee that is of professional quality and is fresh and consistent.
The milk container can be detached and put in the refrigerator. You can also choose how strong your coffee should be as it has five settings for coffee strength. This range from extra mild to extra strong and you can choose the flavor you desire. The cup warmer helps to keep the cups warm and the drip tray ensures any spills are collected and can be easily washed off.
Jura-Capresso 13180 Impressa
TheJura-Capresso 13180 Impressa is a super automatic coffee machine that grinds the beans, tamps, brews the coffee and cleans all in less than 60 seconds. It has a dual Thermo block heating system allowing for preparation of two cups without having to wait. This means that an espresso and a cappuccino can be brewed with no time in between.
The tank carries 96 ounces of water on each fill. It also has a 2 line LED display where you can track your settings and it also makes programming the menu settings easier. The conical burr grinder is a commercial grade one.
The system offers customizable brewing facilitated by the digital control system and is also accompanied by a pre-brew system. Steaming and frothing can be done using the dual frother plus.
It also comes with a CD and an instructional video to help first time users learn how to fully utilize the machine. It measures 14 by 14 by 15-1/4 inches and will not occupy a lot of counter space whether in a kitchen or in an office. It can be used to prepare cappuccino, espressos, crema coffee or even lattes. The dual tone platinum finish gives it an ideal look that complements other appliances in the kitchen or office.
- Gaggia Unica
- Water tank: 57.5 ounces
- Grinder: yes
- Single boiler
- Programming: desired drink volume, 5 grind settings
- Other: Rotating Base and Drip Tray, Cleaning and Maintenance Alerts, 15-bar pum,
- Cuisinart EM-600
- Water tank: 34 ounces
- Grinder: no
- Double boiler
- Programming: Steam Control Dial adjusts ratio of air to milk, hot and hotter temperature settings
- Other: Stay-Clean brew head, 22-Ounce milk container, 19 Bars of Pressure , “Burst of Steam”
- Gaggia Brera
- Water tank: 40.5 ounces
- Grinder: yes
- Single boiler
- Programming: automatic cleaning and automatic descaling, grind can be adjusted from coarse to fine
- Other: Pre-infusion feature, Mavea Water Filter, standby mode activates after one hour of idle time
Top 3 Budget Super Automatic Espresso Machines – Under 500
Cuisinart EM-600 Buona Tazza
The machine is designed for easy use with 8 LED controls that are blue and are used to make either single or double espressos. It also allows for manual flavor strength adjustment and can make one touch lattes and cappuccinos. The settings also include temperature settings for either hot or hotter coffee.
The frothing wand conveniently produces froth and has an exclusive burst of steam that helps clean each wand immediately after each use. On the side, there is a 22- ounce container for milk that can be used to make up to 6 cappuccinos.
Sealed lily espresso capsules are best for the machine as the stay-clean and the brew head is exclusively designed to accommodate them. The water reservoir can hold up to 1 liter or 38 ounces of water. It is also removable and easy to clean and refill the water. The reservoir allows for making up to 20 short espressos.
The dual heating system eliminates any wait time between the espresso and the milk thus the drinks can be ready faster. It has buttons for the flavor strengths, temperatures, and the froth controls. It also has removable drip trays; cup warming plate and a steam control dial to help adjust the ratio of air to milk.
Gaggia Unica Super Automatic Coffee Machine
The design of this super automatic coffee machine is simple and easy to master. It has steam as well as hot water features. Hot water can be dispensed directly through the steam wand for making soup, an Americano or whatever else you wish. The steam wand can also create frothed milk as it has a Panarello attachment for making a latte or a cappuccino.
The water tank has a capacity of 1.7L and is located on the side thus can be easily detached for refilling. It also has a rotating base for ease in mobility and a removable drip tray to ease cleaning the machine.
The cleaning and maintenance alerts let you know when the machine needs attention. It integrates features such as a solid burr grinder, a 15 bar pump and a removable brew group making the coffee making process smoother.
The best coffee beans for this machine are light to medium roasted coffee beans. The dark roasted coffee beans tend to inhibit the performance of the grinder. The grind settings are 5 allowing you to fine tune the fineness of your coffee beans. The bean hopper is 8.8oz and an aroma saving lid that allows you to store up to ½ pound of coffee beans in the machine.
Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine
The Gaggia Brera is a well-designed model that features a front panel made of well brushed stainless steel. The design is also compact making it space efficient in that it uses very little space on your counter top in the kitchen or even at the office. It measures 10 x 15.5 x 11.5 inches and weighs 19 pounds.
It uses advanced technology in the espresso machine world and is thus among the best of its kind. The machine is made with a Mavea water filter that helps filter the water to keep it safe for use. Scale build up is eliminated through the four stages of filtration the water undergoes.
After one hour of idle time, the standby mode will activate ensuring that energy consumption is minimized. The cleaning and maintenance alerts will notify you when the machine needs attention and where the care is needed. It also has a pre-infusion feature that guarantees you maximum aroma and flavor extraction.
The digital display and programmable settings ensure that consistency is achieved in brewing the coffee. The drip tray can be removed and easily wiped off in case of any spills. The silver color blends it in with most other appliances.
- Delonghi ECAM26455M
- Water tank: 60 ounces
- Grinder: 8.8 ounces
- Programming: Dispensing level, grinder with 13 settings, water hardness, aroma control
- Double boiler
- Other: Descaling, cleaning and rinsing program, water filter, 15 bar pump, auto shutoff, stand-by function
- Jura 13637
- Water tank: 133.8 ounces
- Grinder: 17.6 ounces
- Programming: adjustable water hardness, 10 programmable specialties, water amount, coffee strength, brewing temperature, amount of milk
- Single boiler
- Other: Intelligent Pre-Brew Aroma System, Energy Save Mode, 15 bar pump, rinsing, cleaning and descaling programme, CLARIS filter cartridge
- Philips Saeco RI9737/21
- Water tank: 57 ounces
- Grinder: 12 ounces
- Programming: Opti-Dose adjustable dose of beans per cup
- Single boiler
- Other: pre-brew cycle, Pannarello steam wand, 15-bar pump; removable brew group
Top 3 High End Super Automatic Espresso Machines
Jura 13637 Impressa Super Automatic Coffee Machine
The Jura 13637 Impressa is one of the best budget super automatic espresso machines in the market. By a touch of a button, you will be able to make your cappuccino, latte macchiato, espresso, café crème, and ristretto. It has a clear and symmetrical design that gives it a touch of charisma.
The bean container has a sophisticated chrome plate and the whole machine has a silver finish. It also features a 3.5″ TFT color display having been made using the fine foam technology. The bean container can hold up to 500g or ½ kg of coffee beans in the machine.
The water reservoir has a capacity of 4 liters reducing the number of times you need to refill it. It is also detachable making refilling and cleaning it easier and manageable. The machine measures 17.4 x 19.7 x 13.3 inches and occupies minimum counter space possible.
The digital display helps show you details of the various functions of the machine making it appropriate even for first time users. The settings allow you to adjust the temperature and the flavor. The fineness settings allow you to adjust just how finely the coffee beans should be ground before brewing.
DeLonghi Prima Donna Super Automatic Espresso Machine
This machine allows and gives the convenience of a one touch on the button without losing the quality expected in the coffee. It is a fully automatic machine that only needs menu settings to be programmed into it to enable consistency in coffee making. The digital display makes using it simpler since it gives descriptions of the functions of the machines.
The milk container has an integrated frothing system that delivers into the cup the perfect amount of frothed milk. It is also detachable making cleaning it easy. It can also be stored in the refrigerator to keep the milk preserved.
It has a double stainless steel boiler system eliminating any wait time between milk and espresso making and also offers a fast cycle time. The Thermo blocks in the boiler system, offer a rapid warm up time and also an efficient and on demand water usage.
The Thermo block technology will only channel the amount of water that is needed for the specific drink through the heating elements. At the top of the machine is a cup warming platform that helps warm the cups before you use them for the coffee. The removable drip tray makes it one of the best home super automatic espresso machines.
Philips Saeco RI9737/21 Super Automatic Espresso Machine
This is a 1250-watt super-automatic espresso machine that has a conical burr grinder that is built in and is adjustable. The 15 bar pump makes it more efficient and a removable brew group for tamping and easy disposal of the used up ground coffee beans.
The 15 bar pump facilitates brewing, tamping, and dispensing of the coffee all in one cycle. The bean container can be used to store up to 12 ounces of coffee beans in the machine while still preserving their aroma. It has an opti dose adjustable dozer to help either increase or reduce the coffee dosage that you desire in your coffee.
The machine also has a 15 puck capacity dreg drawer as well as a removable water tank. The water tank has a capacity of 57 ounces thus holding enough water to make a number of coffee cups before a refill is needed.
The boiler is made of stainless steel ensuring that your coffee does not have a metallic taste in it. The frothing is made easier using the Panarello frothing device and thus cappuccinos and lattes are easily prepared. The machine measures 14 by 15 by 15-1/2 inches and also has a removable drip tray to reduce mess caused by spillage.
Best Super Automatic Espresso Machines Comparison Chart
|Product name||Water rank, ounces||Grinder||Programming||Other|
|Delonghi ESAM5500B||57.48||yes||adjust start time, auto off, clock, temperature, coffee strength||"Single Touch" hot milk system, "Direct-to-Brew" system|
|DeLonghi ESAM3300||60||yes||water amount, coffee amount, automatic shutoff, electronic steam, coffee thermostat||1150 watts, Direct to Brew system, water-level indicator, an electronic steam and coffee thermostat, rinse and decalcification auto programs|
|Jura-Capresso 13180||96||yes||water amount, coffee amount, temperature settings, adjustable fineness of the grind||frothXpress Plus system, Two step pre-infusion cycle, warming plate, cup storage, CLARIS Water Care System
|Gaggia Unica||57.5||yes||desired drink volume, 5 grind settings||Rotating Base and Drip Tray, Cleaning and Maintenance Alerts, 15-bar pum|
|Cuisinart EM-600||34||no||Steam Control Dial adjusts ratio of air to milk, hot and hotter temperature settings||Stay-Clean brew head, 22-Ounce milk container, 19 Bars of Pressure , “Burst of Steam”|
|Gaggia Brera||40.5||yes||automatic cleaning and automatic descaling, grind can be adjusted from coarse to fine||Pre-infusion feature, Mavea Water Filter, standby mode activates after one hour of idle time|
What Is a Super Automatic Espresso Machine?
A super automatic espresso machine is a machine that makes coffee and espressos with just a push of a button. It grinds the coffee beans then measures the right amount. It then tamps the coffee and brews before dispensing it in an internal dump box. The machine does everything and a user only needs to ensure that the reservoir for coffee beans is not empty and the water is also filled. The machine will do the rest until the freshly brewed coffee is in the cup. Different models have different features but most have a drip tray that can be removed in case of any coffee spills when it is dispensed into the cup.
Most super automatic espresso machine reviews will feature convenience as the main benefit of such machines and it is. It takes out all the work needed in making the coffee and also reduces the mess created when you operate it. They are normally digitalized and programming the menu settings is often easy. Once you have programmed the settings for your desired coffee, the machine will make the coffee consistently with the settings each time. Most will accommodate making various types of coffee such as cappuccinos, espressos and lattes.
Super automatic Espresso Machine Features
The best super automatic espresso machines in the market will have features that are almost similar even if they are made by different manufacturers. The whole system should at least include; a boiler system, brew group, grinder, digital display, programming, and coffee dosage. We will also look at other features of super automatic espresso makers such as cup volume and cup warmer.
- Boiler system – It can be a single heating system or a dual heating system. The dual boiler system avails steam 10 seconds after the steam button is switched on while the single boiler system will take about 50 seconds. A single boiler is ideal if you only intend to make café crème and espresso drinks while dual boilers are best if you intend to make lots of milk based drinks.
- Brew group – This contains the chamber for coffee brewing and tamps the freshly ground coffee from the grinder. It then extracts the espresso under high pressure then dumps the waste in the removable grounds. They can be removable or non-removable brew groups.
- Grinder – The grinder grinds the coffee beans. The super automatic espresso machines will have various settings for grind adjustment. For most models, the grind adjustment will be pre-set during the manufacturing stage at the factory and will thus work all right even when no settings have been made.
- Digital display – This feature will give you a description of each of the functions of the machine. This makes it easy for first time users. The descriptions make understanding how it works easy and faster. This feature is also preferable when the machine will be used by multiple persons. The digital display will help everyone learn how it works.
- Programming – Programming is mostly a function performed by the digital display. It can be used to change the temperature of the espresso and also turn on the energy saving mode and activate the pre-grinding setting. For appliances such as this, you will find that the more expensive they are the more customizable they are as they have a wide range of programmable settings.
- Coffee dosage – This refers to the amount of coffee that will be ground for brewing. The adjustments provided allow you to control the strength of the espresso. This can also be controlled by varying the amount of water. A double shot can be obtained by pressing the button twice though this may take longer.
- Cup volume – The machines can have a drinks capacity ranging from 1 to 9 ounces or even more. The drinks size, however, can be increased by adding more water or even milk. The best will have a dial to help control the drink size and others may have at least three preset drink sizes.
- Cup warmer – This is a feature found in most machines apart from the basic ones. The cup warmer can be turned on or off when you wish and its function is to warm the cups.
Benefits of Super Automatic Espresso Makers
When wondering what is the best super automatic espresso machine we should think of one that offers convenience, consistency and is fast. These are the main benefits offered by a super automatic espresso machine. The automatic features and settings are designed to ensure that a user can easily manipulate the machine and can make the coffee without or with very little effort. The benefits of super automatic Espresso Makers include;
- They are fast – These machines are faster than the traditional coffee making machines or the drip coffee machine and the French press. Since they are automatic all you need to do is turn on the machine and by a press of a button, your coffee will be made for you. They are ideal for office situations where many people need to make coffee and the coffee machine is only one. Those with double heating systems reduce the wait time and have a rapid cycle.
- They are convenient – The automatic coffee makers are convenient since all you have to do is press the on button. The removable drip tray reduces mess. There is no grinding and no coffee grounds on the counter top. It also eliminates the need for dumping the port filter puck. Convenience is also seen in the reduced preparation time.
- They are consistent – Consistency means that the coffee is prepared in the exact same way every single day unless you desire to change the settings. You can thus be able to set the menu settings to your preferred taste and you will be able to enjoy the same quality of coffee every single day.
The machines also offer foolproof systems that can be easily used by anyone. Since they have dual displays, they can be easily manipulated by anyone and one you do not need to worry about the guests during a party as they can fix one for themselves.
Super automatic espresso machines make coffee preparation all the more easier and less time consuming. However, even the best super automatic espresso machine will need a little bit of maintenance. The drip tray may need to be removed once in a while and wiped clean or washed due to the spilled coffee. It is always important to remember to keep the milk container in the refrigerator so as to preserve the remaining milk. As discussed in most super automatic espresso machine reviews, the machines offer convenience, consistency and are also fast. This is a good attribute, but most of them are costly as compared to the traditional coffee making machines. It is possible to get one on a budget and thus the need for proper research before purchasing one. The functionalities may differ from one model to the other but the most important features (as discussed above) need to be present even for a budget one.